Monday, August 10, 2009

This Week is Better

This week has been so much better than last week. I really turned a corner...and ended up in Las Vegas on a vacation with Jerry. I am trying to keep up and he is trying to slow down for me. We have seen several shows, including Alan Jackson. This place is hopping! We ate at a buffet in "The Paris" resort. It was delicious!



We have a nice condo with a very comfortable bed.
I'm catching up on my sleep.
I've finished one book and started another.
Jerry has been hanging
out on the computer a lot.



I'm including some pictures of the infusion center where I get my treatments in Pocatello. I wish the pictures were better, but you might get an idea.

There are about 5 or 6 areas in a semi-circle with recliners. The circular nurses' station is behind me. Here I am with my infusion going. There are two IV bags. One is the chemo, the other is just a saline flush between doses.








Of course, Jerry doesn't get a recliner, just a regular chair. Poor man. The recliners all face large picture windows that look out on the beautiful landscaping. It's very nice. Jerry's back is to the beautiful view, so he reads a book instead. Boo hoo.


Here is a picture of one of the nurses walking by. They are all very kind and cheerful. You would think they would hate their jobs, but they say they meet some really nice people and are happy to be of help. Jerry and I take miniature Heath candy bars and put them at the nurses' station to thank them for all they do for me and the other patients.

The door to the right of the nurse is a private room for chemo. I was in there last time, but I prefer the recliners. I guess I don't feel so ill if I'm not in a bed.

So now you have seen the area I have been hanging out for four hours every three weeks. After the chemo, I am a little dizzy, but I feel good. After this chemo, Jerry and I went out to eat, then saw "Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince." We enjoyed ourselves. It's the day after that might be bad, so we take advantage of the chemo day. It gives us something to look forward to.

Thanks for checking in. I appreciate your support. If you have questions, put them in the comments and I will try to answer them.

5 comments:

Megann said...

Glad you could get away for a trip! Thanks for posting pictures of your chemo. It gives us a better idea of what the process is. Only one more to go!!

Adam and Laurin said...

Betty, I didn't know that you have a blog. I am happy that I can see what you are up too, and how everything is going. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. I hope that you have had a great trip to Vegas!

JC Photography said...

Yeah!!! I'm glad to be able to get on your blog. It wouldn't let me last time! Looks like you guys are living it up in Vegas. Try not to gamble all your money away! Miss you but I'm glad you two are having so much fun. Feel better friend.

Sharla said...

I found your blog through Heidi's. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I always remember your positive attitude and faith, and it seems to be carrying you through now. Thanks for your example.

Dez said...

Hi Betty, I enjoyed your post and am glad you survived Las Vegas and its adventures!
I'm so glad you've reached your final session of chemo and hope it went well today and that the next few weeks will go quickly for you so you can start feeling better!
We love you!