Saturday, August 1, 2009

Third Chemo Not as Good as Second

I had my third chemotherapy infusion on Wednesday, July 29. My last one will be on August 19. I am not feeling too well, unfortunately, but that is to be expected. I am tired but not nauseous, which is all right with me. I can do a few things, but at my slowest speed. I have been able to walk, garden, nap, read, and do a little housework. Hopefully, things will improve and I will get some energy.

Jerry and I decided a condominium week would be a good vacation. If I don't feel well, we can "veg." If I do feel well, we can go to a movie or a show. We got a week in the Las Vegas suburbs. It's off the gaudy "strip," which will be nice as long as we stay in the air conditioning. I'm looking forward to a week with my very supportive, kind, cheerful, and loving husband.

I enjoyed the time Heidi, my daughter, spent here in July. We went to West Yellowstone and rendezvoused with Dusty and Megann and their girls, and Byron and Jemayla. We saw three musicals at the Playmill Theater, ate good food, walked in the woods, and I got to see all three IMAX shows! What a plus! Any IMAX day is a good day! The next week, Jerry and I went to Salt Lake City and stayed at a condo right downtown. We got a year-long pass to the Clark Planetarium and IMAX theater there. So...I got to see three more IMAX shows and two planetarium shows. I loved it!

Jerry kindly consented to go with me to the "Days of '47" parade celebrating the pioneers coming into the Salt Lake Valley. It was two blocks from our condo, so we could go home anytime we wanted. We got a place in the shade and ended up staying the whole time. It was a great parade. We did genealogy at the huge library there, went to the temple, hiked up to Ensign Peak above the city, and saw friends and family. What a great time we had!

I may add pictures another time, but don't hold your breath. I'm going from day to day right now. I appreciate your support and concern. Thank you for all the kind thoughts and prayers. It means so much to me.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I had fun with you in West Yellowstone too! Just one more chemo...hopefully it won't be so bad.

Mrs. B said...

Yay, now I can leave a comment!
See.....

courtney said...

I hope you get feeling better soon! When do you leave for vegas?