Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Last Chemo!!

My last chemo is behind me. Today I'm not feeling so swift. The last few days have been slow. Although, I got the urge to go to garage sales on Friday morning. I haven't been to one all summer! That wore me out. After I had a nap that afternoon, I went to Joanna Baird's and sat in her cool basement and made cards. Things could be a lot worse.

When I went to my last chemo, I told my oncologist that maybe the chemo wasn't working because I didn't have many side effects. He counted seven cutting-edge medications I get with the chemo that offset the side effects. He offered to give me the chemo without the other medications. Even with chemo brain, I got the point. No thanks. I figured it out really quickly. Thank goodness for modern medicine!

It was Jerry's first day of school with his students, and Dusty hadn't started school yet, so Megann came to my infusion session. It was fun to talk to her and have her see what goes on. She took some pictures which turned out so much better than the ones I took.










Here I am with Megann.











These are two of the infusion recliners.













This is the whole view of the nurses' station and the windows looking out on the landscaping.


















This is one of the views of the landscaping outside the windows of the infusion center. It's beautiful and serene. The round stone balls on the planters are actually fountains with water flowing over them!












I danced when I was done with my last infusion!
What a wonderful relief!

2 comments:

Adam and Laurin said...

How exciting!! I hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

That's great that Megann was able to come down and be with you during your last infusion!! I'm thankful for drugs and medication too!!:)